Available careersOpen positions at Lumion
Technical Support Specialist - Canada/EU - Remote (click to expand)
Do you have almost an uncontrollable desire to offer thorough, empathetic advice when people are struggling with a problem? Are you technical by nature? Maybe you are tainted with a light-yet-healthy streak of perfectionism? A stickler for details but with a heart of gold? Do you also live in Canada or the European Union, speak and write excellent English, and have a penchant for 3D computer technology? If so, read on, we may have a job that’s made for you.
Our product: Lumion
Not so long ago, many architects could only dream about presenting self-made, realistic 3D films to their clients. Since its launch in 2010, Lumion visualization software has been changing the way architects work. Lumion helps architects communicate their ideas better and faster than ever before. In just minutes they can create visualizations that allow their clients to step into a virtual building and experience it long before it’s actually built. Because of this, Lumion has been embraced by architects in over 150 countries.
Role and Responsibilities:
You are the voice of Lumion and the embodiment of its values and principles as they are experienced by its customers. Our dedicated customer care team is one of the pillars of Lumion’s global success. Over the past decade, the Lumion team has proven that it cares for its customers, whether personally assisting with a product installation, or helping customers to use and get more out of Lumion by solving any technical problems. Through your ability to diagnose PC software and hardware issues, and through your communication skills you will advise and guide Lumion users until they are satisfied.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will gather and summarize user information for our software developers. You proactively help our teams understand real-life use-case scenarios and participate in our internal QA processes as new features are developed. Because of your interest in PC hardware and software, you naturally stay up-to-date with all the latest trends and information.
A typical day
You will be based in Canada or the EU and will work remotely, from home if you like, so on a typical day, you’ll log into the team chat for the latest news and developments. From there, you’ll pick up any ongoing cases from your colleagues to ensure that customers are receiving prompt, interruption-free service.
You’ll coordinate with the development team every day for any bug testing and Q/A, and when needed, you’ll present cases to help in the efficient development and delivery of software patches. You’ll also keep an eye on our forums and direct Zendesk customer channels, to deliver fast and reliable customer service. You’ll also provide guidance and education, through the tutorials and articles on our extensive knowledge base, which you will add to whenever there’s some new and useful knowledge created
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who is helpful by nature, autonomous, analytical and structured. You are talented at interacting with others, and you are a constructive and proactive team player. Ideally, you have an eye and intuition for customer needs, and you should be bold and eager to help us set and push the boundaries of the industry’s standard for customer care.
- Excellent English and grammar skills
- Excellent problem solving skills – you don’t know all the answers but you do know how to find them
- Empathetic communication skills
- Support experience with a focus on empathy – you are attuned to the real problem behind a customer’s question
- Can easily adapt to change
- Knowledgeable of the sensitivity of different cultures
- You have your own flavor of online friendliness, honesty and approachability in posting and responding to user comments
- You are able to dedicate 30 to 40 hours a week to this role
- You are a self-sufficient, remote freelancer and have all your local paperwork in order
- Expert knowledge of Windows OS – you know the ins and outs of the system settings and how they can influence Lumion software
- Expert knowledge of computer hardware – you know how a computer is built and you know the difference between a GPU, CPU, passmark scores, a PSU and an NVME m.2 drive, and you can easily explain all this in simple terms
- Desirable: You are an experienced Lumion user and are passionate about topics related to 3D modeling, 3D visualization, computer software, computer hardware, architecture, design, landscape, photography, social and environmental solutions
What we offer
- An opportunity to work creatively in an environment focused on people and teamwork
- The possibility to use your creativity, knowledge and input from ideation to implementation
- A place within a competent and experienced team comprised of people of different nationalities
- An attractive salary
- Personalized working terms and conditions according to your specific needs, knowledge and experience.
Our Company: Act-3D
We’re disruptive, successful, international, medium-sized and growing. Driven to create excellent and innovative 3D visualization software, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable, constantly evolving and passionate about our product and our customers. We fiercely concentrate on the content of our work and strive to recognize and tap into the talent of all individuals in the company. While we try to not take ourselves too seriously, we have high expectations and a career at Act-3D means challenging yourself to continuously adapt and improve.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Are you ready to apply? Please send your resumé, examples of your experience and an application letter to [email protected] We are looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Pjotr van Schothorst at [email protected] or +31-(0)71 514 7799.
Software Developer (click to expand)
Are you passionate about creating software that delivers a perfect user experience? Do you get excited by the challenge of creating a slick interface design? Can you put yourself in the shoes of the user and view software from their point of view? If so, read on because we have a job for you!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to strengthen our Lumion product development team. Ideally, this is someone who places quality and usability at the top of their list. The applicant is also passionate, creative and excited about solving new problems.
In this role, you will be developing improvements for Lumion. The core aim is to make complex software accessible to a large group of customers who want to create high-quality 3D architectural renders – fast! An easy-to-master, attractive and intuitive interface design plays a crucial role in helping these customers to quickly pick up Lumion and get results. Development is carried out using a powerful in-house programming tool, which is effectively a visual scripting language. You’ll become an expert in this programming tool and will be using it daily to further enhance Lumion.
As a Software Engineer at Lumion, you’ll be working in a small team, cooperating with the graphics developers, software engineers and the testing teams. Are you interested? Good!
Please read the requirements and see if you match the profile we are looking for.
Your experience and abilities
- College or University degree.
- Solid programming skills in a object-oriented programming language like C#, Java or scripting languages like Python or UnrealScript.
- Experience with programming shaders (HLSL or GLSL).
- A willingness to learn and use Quest3D, the visual programming tool we use for Lumion.
- A track record of getting things done.
- Experience with real-time 3D engines such as Unity, Unreal or other.
- Independent worker, also able to work well within a team.
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
We like to see (but not required)
- Source code of an example project you created that you’re proud of
- Why you love 3D visualization and computer graphics
- Any other evidence of your passion for building great software
What we offer
We offer an opportunity to work with and learn from a competent and experienced development team, comprised of people from 6 different nationalities. You will be working in the tranquil setting of our office building in Warmond, 10 minutes cycling from the city center of Leiden, The Netherlands. We cover your commuting expenses and working at Lumion also includes a free lunch. We offer you 30 days of holidays per year (based on 40 working hours per week) and pay you a higher than average salary. Most people work from home one day per week. Are you currently located in another EU country but willing to relocate? We will assist you with the paperwork. We can personalize working terms & conditions according to your specific needs, knowledge and experience.
We hope this vacancy description has given you enough information about what we do and who we are looking for. If you have any questions, please, feel free to contact Pjotr van Schothorst at [email protected] or +31-(0)71 514 7799.
Are you ready to apply? Please send your resume and application letter to [email protected]. Do you have a portfolio or something similar that is supporting your expertise? Please add this to your application. We are looking forward to get in touch with you!
Lumion is visualization software that is changing the way architects work. Not so long ago, presenting self-made, realistic 3D flythrough films to clients was just a dream for many architects.
Since launching in 2010, Lumion has been embraced by architects in over 100 countries around the world. Lumion helps architects visually communicate their ideas better and faster than ever before, by allowing their clients to step into a virtual building and experience it, long before it exists in reality.
We’re disruptive, successful, medium-sized and growing. Driven to create truly excellent and innovative 3D visualization software, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously.
Highly adaptable and constantly evolving, we are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We fiercely concentrate on the content of our work and yet constantly strive to recognize and tap into the talent of all individuals in the company.
We have high expectations, and a career at Act-3D means challenging yourself to always be better.