Available careersOpen positions at Lumion
Technical Support Specialist - Canada/EU/Oceania - Remote (click to expand)
About the job
Do you have almost an uncontrollable desire to offer thorough, empathetic advice when people are struggling with a problem? Are you technical by nature? Maybe you are tainted with a light-yet-healthy streak of perfectionism? A stickler for details but with a heart of gold? Do you live in Canada, Oceania or the EU, speak and write excellent English, and have a penchant for 3D computer technology? If so, read on, we may have a job that’s made for you.
Our product: Lumion
Not so long ago, many architects could only dream about presenting self-made, realistic 3D films to their clients. Since its launch in 2010, Lumion visualization software has been changing the way architects work. Lumion helps architects communicate their ideas better and faster than ever before. In just minutes they can create visualizations that allow their clients to step into a virtual building and experience it long before it’s actually built. Because of this, Lumion has been embraced by architects in over 150 countries.
Role and Responsibilities:
You are the voice of Lumion and the embodiment of its values and principles as they are experienced by its customers. Our dedicated customer care team is one of the pillars of Lumion’s global success. Over the past decade, the Lumion team has proven that it cares for its customers, whether personally assisting with a product installation, or helping customers to use and get more out of Lumion by solving any technical problems. Through your CAD knowledge, ability to diagnose PC software and hardware issues, and through your communication skills, you will advise, educate, guide, help and solve issues for all Lumion users until they are satisfied.
You will be based in Canada, Oceania or the EU and will work remotely, from home if you like. As a Technical Support Specialist, you will gather and summarize user information for our software developers. You proactively help our teams understand real-life use-case scenarios and participate in our internal QA processes as new features are developed. Because of your interest in PC hardware and software, you naturally stay up-to-date with all the latest trends and information.
A typical day
On a typical day, you’ll start by logging into our internal team chat to catch up with the latest news and developments as well as check and answer your emails. As a priority, you’ll use our Zendesk system to pick up any ongoing customer cases to ensure that customers are receiving prompt, interruption-free service. When helping a customer, you’ll provide guidance and education on several topics. You’ll use tutorials and articles on our extensive knowledge base to help our customers, and you will update these resources when needed. You’ll also work within our forums, social media and other direct customer channels, to deliver fast and reliable customer care.
Throughout a Lumion release, there will be several customer care projects which you will help coordinate and/or lead. These projects will be a part of your everyday work. Once in a while, you will coordinate with the development team for any bug testing and Q/A, and when needed, you’ll present cases to help in the efficient development and delivery of software patches.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who is helpful by nature, autonomous, analytical, structured and have experience with 3D visualization and CAD software. You listen well, are a patient, supportive and constructive team player. You are passionate about helping people, and should be eager to help us push the boundaries of the industry’s standard for customer care.
What you offer:
- Crucial: Experienced with CAD software such as Revit, Sketchup, ArchiCAD, Rhino, AutoCAD etc,
- Excellent problem solving skills – you don’t know all the answers but you do know how to find them
- Excellent English writing skills
- Empathetic communication skills and an innate ability to identify and understand the customer’s point of view
- Support experience with a focus on empathy – you are attuned to the real problem behind a customer’s question
- Can easily adapt to change
- Knowledgeable of the sensitivity of different cultures
- You love working in a team environment and are able to identify areas that the company can improve on to increase the team’s efficiency.
- You are capable of coaching and training other colleagues and can spend a large chunk of time creating and updating internal documentation.
- You have led and coordinated team projects in the past and are fluent in Customer Care tools such as CRMs (Zendesk) and internal documentation tools (Wikis).
- You have your own flavor of online friendliness, honesty and approachability in posting and responding to user comments
- You are able to dedicate 30 to 40 hours a week to this role as a remote contractor
- You are passionate about topics related to 3D modeling, 3D visualization, computer software, computer hardware, architecture, landscape and design
- Advanced knowledge of Windows OS – you know the ins and outs of the system settings and how they can influence Lumion software
- Advanced knowledge of computer hardware – you know how a computer is built and you know the difference between a GPU, CPU, passmark scores, a PSU and an NVME m.2 drive, and you can easily explain all this in simple terms
- Desirable, but not required: Prior experience in Lumion and other 3D visualization software.
What we offer
- An opportunity to work creatively in an environment focused on people and teamwork
- A place within a competent, passionate, dedicated and experienced team comprised of people of different nationalities
- An attractive salary
- Personalized working terms and conditions according to your specific needs, knowledge and experience.
- Opportunity to work with an exciting, cutting-edge, leading architectural visualization software product.
- The possibility to use your creativity, knowledge and input from ideation to implementation
Our Company: Act-3D
We’re disruptive, successful, international, medium-sized and growing. Driven to create excellent and innovative 3D visualization software, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable, constantly evolving and passionate about our product and our customers. We fiercely concentrate on the content of our work and strive to recognize and tap into the talent of all individuals in the company. While we try to not take ourselves too seriously, we have high expectations and a career at Act-3D means challenging yourself to continuously adapt and improve.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.
Are you ready to apply? Please click here.
Lumion is visualization software that is changing the way architects work. Not so long ago, presenting self-made, realistic 3D flythrough films to clients was just a dream for many architects.
Since launching in 2010, Lumion has been embraced by architects in over 100 countries around the world. Lumion helps architects visually communicate their ideas better and faster than ever before, by allowing their clients to step into a virtual building and experience it, long before it exists in reality.
We’re disruptive, successful, medium-sized and growing. Driven to create truly excellent and innovative 3D visualization software, we work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously.
Highly adaptable and constantly evolving, we are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We fiercely concentrate on the content of our work and yet constantly strive to recognize and tap into the talent of all individuals in the company.
We have high expectations, and a career at Act-3D means challenging yourself to always be better.